I am using the K3s USB interface for both audio and control of digital
programs like WSJT. Overall everything works fine but there is a strange
issue while configuring and getting to work the PTT port assignment.

When I start the WSJT program, it will not key the K3s PTT unless I just
start up and run another program like the K3 configuration tool. As soon as
that starts up and shows the communications is good on port XX at 9600
baud. As soon as I close down the K3 config program, everything works fine
with the WSJT software control of the PTT port.

Other programs like WSJT-X have a newer interface and allow you to select
the port and baud rate for radio control so 9600 works fine right off.

What appears to be occurring is that the K3s USB com port which would
normally be set at 38.4 for the config program is forcing the reset of the
USB com port to 9600 to be compatible with the WSJT program. I have not
been able to reset the baud rate for the K3s to be 38.4 as the default data
rate using the Windows control panel.

Howard AE3T