I'd like to get opinions from the group on this idea:

My K2 has the KAT2 which means the original antenna jack is covered up and not used. I hate waste so I've been thinking how I could use it. Couldn't I install a SPDT switch or relay so I could select either the original jack without the tuner or select the KAT2 with it's two jacks?

Of course what would be ideal would be a firmware mod so instead of ant 1/2, you get 1/2/3 and
have a relay going between ant 2 and the original jack.

Comments welcome.....

Ken KG0WX - K2 #4913, XG2, Tenna dipper, HLA-150 amp