The problem still persists of needing a variable preamp on the separate antenna input as well as protection for keying the amplifier. K9SV is the authority on this apparently but I am sure he will still sell a preamp to K2 owners!

73,

Charlie, W0YG..>>

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill NY9H" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: "Charlie, W0YG" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "Elecraft Reflector" <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Friday, February 10, 2006 11:39 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] RE: RANT front end protection

The following note, which I lifted from my archive of ICOM reflector stuff, does not say the K2 is totally protected, but it appears that the careful design of the K2 is substantially better than anyone else. At least the author is perceived as an authority in the area,,,,,

FEB 06
To: "'ICOM Reflector'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: [ICOM] Smoked PROII
The only radio I am aware of that does properly protect the RX input during
transmit is the K2

Gary, kd9sv
again it don't know if this means it bulletproof....

3Y0X sound sooo  good on my k2,,,,, on 14023.

bill NY9H