I think there's a selection effect; when someone learns Morse quickly
and it becomes known that they're musically inclined then folk make a
correlation. However, when musically inclined folk struggle to learn
Morse their musical inclination is either dis-regarded, or they hear
things like "You're musically inclined; you shouldn't have any trouble
learning Morse." About half the musically inclined folk I know who have
tried to learn Morse have struggled to make progress.

For increasing my speed I've found working with systems that increase
speed as an exercise proceeds to be helpful. The W1AW "Fast Morse"
exercise that starts at 35wpm and gets slower is no use to me.

--
73, Rick, M0LEP   (KX3 #3281)