Conflating narrow bandwidth with high efficiency isn't a good thing to do,
necessarily. Efficient 160 verticals across the band can be realized if one
"fattens the radiating element."

-------- Original message --------
From: Jerry Moore <je...@carolinaheli.com>
Date: 12/08/2015 11:14 AM (GMT-07:00)
To: Jim Rodenkirch <rodenkirch_...@msn.com>, elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Craig KD0TXL...best antenna

Oh and for the record, high efficiency antennas have narrow bandwidth. This may
be desired depending on your needs. For most we need wide bandwidth because we
work the bottom and top of the band. Inverted v antennas are nice due to being
omnidirectional but are more susceptible to man-made nose. Dipoles are
bidirectional. The arrl antenna books are well worth the cost.

On December 8, 2015 12:48:16 PM EST, Jim Rodenkirch <rodenkirch_...@msn.com>