Hi, Evert

I wondered about the same when I built my KAP100, and here is an explanation
from the Elecraft reflector some years ago:

Subject:        Re: [Elecraft] KPA100 Fan Question
From:   Eric Swartz WA6HHQ - Elecraft <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date:   Sun Dec 15 19:12:01 2002

Hi Ron,

The air exits the case at the top of the K2/100 at the front between the
heatsink fins. It does an excellent job of stabilizing the K2's internal
temperature.

If you still want to add auxilary cooling  a 3" fan running at half speed
placed on top of the heatsink (halfway to the rear and 2/3 to the right)
pulling air up and away fromthe heatsink works well. Putting rubber stick on
feet on the bottom of the fan will keep it in place and space it correctly
for proper air flow.

73, Eric  WA6HHQ