Hi Gang,

This should be and easy one. I have a K2, SN543, loaded with all updates
and firmware but no 100W. I've used the HM-2 with for a couple of
years for a couple dozen SSB contacts. When I plug my Heil boom set in
and key it with the foot pedal, the rig shuts off.

Does the resistor on the back of the mic connector need to be removed to
use the boom set? I actually just tried this yesterday. Never noticed
that the Heil came with a compatible connector, no adapter needed.

Thanks,
Mark K2QO K2 543