"Clipped dits" is a good description. Upgrading the synth(s) will fix
this, even with QRQ mode turned off. In fact it's so good, that I don't
even use QRQ mode anymore so there is no change when RIT/XIT or Split
modes are engaged. You'll also find that the K3 now accurately follows an
external keyer, whereas before the 'clipping' was evident at higher
speeds.

73, Dale WA8SRA