Last year I had a similar failure - extreme loss of sensitivity in my K3. I could just barely hear the loudest signals on the band. My problem turned out to be PIN diode D5, which I replaced with a more robust version. Helpful correspondence from Elecraft and from the Reflector is below.
----------------------------
From Elecraft:

If the rig has a KXV3 option installed, PIN diode D5 will be damaged by high levels of RF coming into the receiver (more than about 2w). This would affect both the main and sub when the antenna is shared.

Remove the KXV3 and jumper across J66 pins 8-10, and 13-15 and see if the sensitivity returns. If so, D5 needs replaced or the entire KXV3 if you are not able to replace the tiny SMD D5. This is Elecraft part #E560026 at $0.48 each.

If only the main is affected, it would be D25 on the RF board near the little stop band filter board. This is Elecraft part #E560026 at $0.48 each.

It could also be the larger PIN diodes on the RF board or the KPA3 if a lot of power or a big lightning strike caused the damaged. See if the signals get strong with the Power knob below 12w so the KPA3 PIN diodes are not in the signal path.

If you can determine which of these is the problem, you can order this part or any parts you might need from the Elecraft kits directly on our secure credit card page: http://www.elecraft.com/newcc.html. Just fill in the credit card information and in the "Comments" box describe the parts you need including the Elecraft Part Numbers (found in the Parts List of your Elecraft Manuals) and quantities.

If the problem turns out to be PIN diode D5, as mine was, consider replacing the diode with a more robust version, as discussed here:
http://elecraft.365791.n2.nabble.com/Update-re-K3-loss-of-RX-sensitivity-td5823238.html

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ

.