I like to use the keyboard for sending CW. The memories are a nice feature of the firmware. Unfortunately, my unit has not been trouble free. YMMV,
Dick, n0ce

On 1/16/2016 6:02 PM, Jim Davis wrote:
Gentlemen,

Can anyone out here EXPLAIN to me the VARIOUS FUNCTIONS/ADVANTAGES of the "USB Keyboard port" in back of our recently modified P3 ??? About a half yr. ago we had some work down on our K3 & had installed in our P3 the "External VGA" board for using a "BIG SCREEN" for viewing the scope. I might add that it WORKS GREAT, but what I'm wondering about IS THE USB PORT NOW AVAILABLE in the rear of the scope/display !!! What ADDED FEATURES DOES IT ACTUALLY PROVIDE ??? I've READ the P3 manual but I'm not really getting anything of any MEANING FROM IT !!! Could someone out here give us "IN A NUTSHELL" what can be derived from using a KEYBOARD FROM SAID PORT !!!

Warmest Regards TO ALL!!!

JIM-NN6EE