      From: Jim Brown <j...@audiosystemsgroup.com>
 To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
 Sent: Thursday, January 21, 2016 12:44 PM
 Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Long RS232 Runs - RS422

On Thu,1/21/2016 10:32 AM, Michael Walker wrote:
> I wanted to mention that for those that want long RS232 runs for devices
> (Steppir, Rotator, Elecraft Amp),

It helps to define "long." Distance for RS232 was originally defined in
feet. Many years ago, it was redefined in terms of capacitance between
conductors. Using cables as common as CAT5, lengths of 200 ft or more
are no problem. Simply use one pair per signalling circuit.

73, Jim K9YC

Message delivered to wrco...@yahoo.com