I am using the same mike with the kenwood cable on my K-2.  Since it is
basically the same Heil mike that was made for the K2 but is no longer
available- I used the settings (jumpers) as described for the Elecraft MH-2
in the manual for the KSB2.  To include the 5.6 K resistor from pin 1 to pin
6.  Works well.  Do not use the Kenwood jumper settings.

Ed Findley N5LDY
K2 #1073 FP #1233
SKCC #868

I am finishing up K2 #5113 and have run into a snag configuring the
microphone on the K2SB2.  I am using a Heil Handi Mic HM-IC.