From: Elecraft [mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of AJ8MH
Radio
Sent: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 9:26 AM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] KPA500 problem

No fault codes?

Double check amp's menu items and set all to default before test.

Remove all cables. Connect dummy load directly to amp. Connect RF in from
K3. Connect "Key Out" to "PA Key."

Manually select same band on rig and amp. Set K3 for 10 watts drive.
Select "OPER." Now, try and key amp. You should see asterisk in amp's
display window and around 200 watts out. An asterisk with underscore
indicates amp is being inhibited.

If amp still fails, I would check all connections internal to the amp.
Guess you could also see if the K3 is shutting down...

73,
Joe ( AJ8MH-Radio )