You forgot to mention to watch out for following pedestrians.  They tend to
step on the drag wire and this gets interesting when it comes up short.
Tends to yank the KX1 out of your hand, or in my case, bust the BNC to
binding post adapter off.  Also taught me to buy a Pomona BNC to BP adapter.
They are much more rugged than the cheap Chinese ones hi.

Jim - W0EB

t/W0RW.html
or read about my KX1 pedestrian mobile contact with Latvia at
http://www.eham.net/articles/9262