No, I have not done this mod.  But I have just added it to the list,
because I AM using the internal speaker.  External speakers are on the
list, but some way down, so I will be using the internal speaker (or
actually phones) for some time.

In all fairness, I would think this issue is only rarely an "issue" for
the VAST majority of ops...  Between external speakers, not having the
PA to begin with, or using headset/phones, most folks probably don't use
the internal speaker at audio levels sufficient to reproduce the issue.

I would prefer to do the fix myself than to have the additional labor
involved in fixing the beads/conductors down (and the accompanying
increase in price/avail of PA modules).

I examined my K3s closely as I assembled it... I consider it a supremely
well-engineered piece of equipment and worth every penny I paid.  :-)

Have a super day!