I also use a mixer and I use a bigger one, a Behringer 1622FX. It has
two stereo mixing busses, Main and Sub, so really four channels. You
can route any input to either or both and fade from left to right as
you wish. I have all the sources from rigs and the PC sound card and
mics going to inputs.

I route anything I want to transmit with to the Main mix and take
those outputs, through attenuators to the inputs to the rigs, in my
case, left to one rig and right to the other.

I route anything I want to hear to the Sub mix and have the headphones
and external speakers connected to that. This is very flexible, I
guess I could even set up a crossband repeater where it was legal to
do so! The sub mix also goes to a tape out to the pc sound card input,
so I can record off the air and play back what was recorded.

There are many mixers with this type of setup. I bought this one used
on Craigslist. It does not have a USB interface, which is desirable,
so it was not too expensive.

I also use the usb audio interface to the rig, in my case another
manufacture's but the K3s has usb also. You wind up with many sound
cards in the PC, and most programs allow you to choose the input and
output sound card.

If you screw up with the selections you can get awful feedback!

73,

Mark
W7MLG