I understand that small ferrites are easily overloaded and become non-linear generating harmonics and injecting a signal back into the wire from whence they came. You might have sleeve chokes on all sorts of wires, keying lines, keyboard cables, video cables, the wall clock, lighting, etc.

David, G3UNA

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Brown" <j...@audiosystemsgroup.com>
To: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2016 4:42 AM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Slighty off topic - 80 meter second harmnic how to stop

When I posted on this issue to another list, W3LPL responded that it's fairly common for harmonics with this sort of characteristic to be generated in active electronics like switching power supplies. Sort of identifying which is the culprit and choking every cable connected to it, there's no solution.

73, Jim K9YC