My K3 s/n 4487 has exhibited similar behaviour since I built it in 2010.
Despite calls to Elecraft Support no solution was found despite Gary talking
me through various items until a month or so ago when the spike was causing
problems with my amp on 24 Mhz.  It was mentioned that the K3 must see 13
volts whenever it is transmitting and to check this on the front panel by
tapping the Display button. Mine showed 13.6 volts on receive and 12.6 volts
on Tx. Turned out my old power supply regulation was faulty. Anyway after a
power supply rebuild and further check it now shows 13.6 volts on receive
and 13.3 volts on Tx at 100 watts output. A further TX calibration completed
the process and so far no power spikes! So check your power supply is
supplying sufficient voltage on key down.

Dave G0AIX