I am curious what you are you using the memories for? I really never
noticed any delay but during 300/hour rates I think it is way easier to
just to speak.

John KK9A

charlie carroll k1xx at k1xx.com
Fri Mar 11 13:12:02 EST 2016

I use the internal K3 message memories when operating as DX in an ssb
contest.
One of the biggest problem I face is the delay both in initiating the
message (from an external application) and the delay between the end of
the message and back in the receive mode.  From experiments, both of these
delays seem due to the time between the button presses on the K3's front
panel.  Granted, there may be some time between pushing the appropriate F
key in the application (Wintest).  But, this only addresses possibly the
initiation delay.

Could some method/application be added to upload an externally generated
audio file, which uses some standard format, into an arbitrarily assigned
message?  Or, at the very least, provide a means to change the K3 between
receive & transmit without suffering the delays due to button presses?

For the curious, when running at rates of 300+ QSOs per hour, the delays
turn out to be significant.

73 charlie, k1xx/vp2mmf