Greetings all.

We are considering moving to a location that is more friendly to ham radio
and especially the performance of my K3.  Here in our crowded neighborhood,
I have regular S7 noise levels on all the lower HF bands.  One home we
found (and like) sits fairly close to high tension wires (ie like one lot
away) however its in a much more rural area and likely to be more quite
w.r.t. the usual man-made RF hash.

Does anyone have any experience with living very close to high tension
wires (not tool close, plenty of room for wire antennas without any
danger.)  Assuming nothing is "broken" is it likely to produce RF noise in
the receiver?  Is this something I should be concerned about?

Thanks, and replies off list are appreciated to avoid the wrath of the list
moderator <grin>

Regards,

Chris
K1AY

--
Life is like Linux - it never stands still.