Dick - The P3 and Fldigi are really looking at very different signals and have
very different uses although there is some overlap, and that's what maybe gets
confusing. The P3 is a "fish finder" for a big hunk of a band - the P3 looks at
the K3's IF and can represent as much as 200kHz of it (but, it can also
represent a small portion of it, which is where it starts looking like fldigi).
 Nevertheless, the P3 allows you to do things you cannot do with fldigi. You
can use the P3 to tune the radio to an SSB signal visually - and by that I mean
not only can you see the signal, but also you can set the radio's receive
frequency to be appropriate to receive the signal without spinning the dial.
You can also use the P3 to look at a small span, and to decode RTTY -this is
where it is like fldigi.  But, in my opinion, fldigi is a lot better at doing
this than the P3, and on the other hand, fldigi cannot do what the P3 can with
respect to tuning or visualizing band conditions.  Bob  W
 3DK