Ok, so how do I connect a K-Pod to my K3 (pre-S)?

Brian, W6FVI

On 4/14/2016 9:26 AM, Wayne Burdick wrote:
On Apr 14, 2016, at 8:06 AM, Brendon Whateley <bren...@whateley.com> wrote:

Perhaps a silly question, or just too early?

Will it be possible to repurpose this to use with other radios? It looks like
it is designed for the K3(S) but I could see it being useful for my KX3, or
possibly other home-brew radios? I suppose all that would be required would be
the protocol specification so that a DIY micro-controller could do the
translation to whatever would be needed.
In theory you could use either the RJ12 data jack or the USB port for this with the right
firmware and interfaces. That's what we were alluding to ("future
applications"). Keep those ideas coming!

Wayne
N6KR

Message delivered to w6...@sbcglobal.net