Just in case anyone's interested, I'm scrapping my K2 build and calling it a
slightly overpriced parts collection for my first K2. My attempt to pull my
burned relay failed and pulled up a couple of the pads. I also managed to
burn the relay next to much worse than the one I was trying to replace.

So looking at the damage to the board and everything I'd have to do to try
to make it work like run wires, etc., I just decided to stop here and write
it off.

The good news is, I have a spare front panel and control board in perfect
working condition and still quite a few uninstalled parts I could keep as
spares for the original K2. Virtually all of the transmitter parts for
example and quite a few of the cores....

Oh well, you pays your money and you takes your chances.

73,
LS
W5QD