From: Elecraft [mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Wayne
Burdick
Sent: 15 April 2016 02:17
To: Elecraft Reflector; elecr...@yahoogroups.com;
elecraft...@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Elecraft] New from Elecraft: High-Performance 200-Hz,6-pole
Crystal Filter

Some of you may recall that we discontinued our 5-pole, 200-Hz filter last
year. Our replacement for this filter has cleared all of our stringent test
hurdles and is now available on our order page.

The new filter (KFL3C-200) has six poles rather than five, significantly
improving skirt selectivity. And at the center, the passband is 200 Hz at 6
dB down -- ideal for CW and narrowband data operation in high-QRM or QRN
situations. (Our 5-pole filter was already a favorite of 160 meter CW
contest veterans. The KFL3C-200 takes it up another notch. Maybe two.)

Plots for all of our filters, including an overlay comparing the KFL3A-250
(INRAD 8-pole) to the new KFL3C-200, can be found at:

  http://www.elecraft.com/K3/K3_filter_plots.htm

Next week, when we're all recuperating from the Visalia DX convention, we'll
provide a link to a plot showing the 5-pole vs. 6-pole filter passband. The
improvement in skirt selectivity is quite pronounced.

This filter can be installed in a K3, K3S, or the sub receiver. To order,
see:

  http://www.elecraft.com/elecraft_prod_list.htm#k3filters

73,

Wayne, N6KR