I have had a SteppIR 3 element with about 250 feet of RG-213.  I have not
measured the loss, but with a KW or less can work DXCC in about 30 days without
a contest.  I lost an ECU on driven with a tape pawl failure, but pawl has been
upgraded twice since purchase.  I lost three ECUs during Ike from failure of
the fiberglass tube that failed after over an hour in eye at over 120 mph
estimated.  The fiberglass elements all fell to ground, but were reused.  The
returns on the trombone were replaced.  I lost one stepper motor in the driven
element from a lightning.strike.  I lost the control cable when I did not leave
enough slack and broke it in two.  A lot to be sure, but considering where I
live, not too bad.  It is on a Rohn 25 tilt over at about 21 meters. Willis
'Cookie' Cooke,K5EWJ