Allow me to add a dissenting voice. I found it much easier (with admittedly more clutter) to set proper audio/ALC levels with my K3 and the computer sound card than I do with my K3S and the built in sound card/USB interface. There are other issues related to Mic/Line Level/VOX/Anti-VOX that I brought to Elecraft's attention 8 months ago and that reportedly were "discovered" by one of their engineers before my report and was going to be bumped up "the list."

If this had been fixed, I wouldn't be bringing it up.