Try LPBridge, at www.telepostinc.com. It's a more-or-less virtual Y-cable. Read the docs first, though. You will probably be stuck with 9600 bps if you choose this path.

73,

matt W6NIA

==

On 5/9/2016 9:25 PM, Jerry Muller via Elecraft wrote:
Ok all you great guys.
      I have a K3 which is hooked to my P3 thru the K3  RS-232 port which is
normal and then from the P-3 to the CPU for logging.  I now have a MicroHAM
Interface III which also wants that RS-232 port.  Will a RS 232 Y cable
work? That is the first question.  The second one is  that the SPE 1.3KW wants
to run off of the RS-232 from the P-3 but so does my  logging Program. Will
a RS-232 Y cable fix this issue. I know that the speed of  the K-3 port is
48,000 baud.  How will this effect the 9600 baud rate of  the MicroHAM
interface and  the 48,000 baud rate input to the CPU for  logging and the SPE
1.3KW amp?
Gerald Muller K9GEM
gmuller...@aol.com

Message delivered to mzil...@roadrunner.com

--
Always store beer in a dark place.  - R. Heinlein