I like the Pelican cases. We used them extensively for portable HT Field kits at my former work (we had about 14 of them). They are rated waterproof to extreme depth (Navy Seals use them for equipment). The new cases come with perforated foam inserts which you can remove to make a custom fit space for equipment. Extremely durable from dropping or being run over. But they are expensive so shop around on line as often one can get up to 50% off MFRP.

I have two. One encloses my 10-GHz portable station which includes my KX3-2M. I used to be able to carry-on airlines but stopped due to TSA screening. Now I pre-ship with FedEx to my destination hotel.

The other one fit a FT-726 VHF satellite radio and could easily accommodate a K3. I do not travel with my K3 so it does not see much use.

73, Ed - KL7UW
http://www.kl7uw.com
    "Kits made by KL7UW"
Dubus Mag business: