Sure - I have done no market analysis survey - its just a shot in the dark.

To address why no EU mfr - really? How many ham mfrs are US-based? ALL three top brands are in Japan. Only Tentec and Elecraft are US. There are many VHF-mw transverter mfr's located in EU and only one in the US. (David should comment on UK-EU VHF activity).

OK. When the Flex-5000, came out many eme stations bought it - they already had equipment. Many eme'rs have bought the K3, as well. They traded their old radios. How many hams traded their FT-817 to buy the KX3? I did.

New tech doesn't just attract HFers.

Satellite experience faded with the end of the Heo linear transponder era. Leo sat are lower altitude so max range is much more limited which also limits the number of stations that are workable - got that. Having one channel causes "traffic jams" also negative.

That is why the radio I envision cannot be just for satellite users. In fact it should be thoroughly researched for what the full spectrum of VHF+ users want. I (not very humbly) believe I represent that.

I tried to list the features wanted. The market is beyond just satellite users or eme'rs or FM repeater users, or contesters, or meteor scatter users, or Emcomm users, or digital mode users, ...only if the radio offers something for all of them - big hint!

All the big three are marketing multiple models for VHF multi-mode; only two radios do satellite in duplex (I'm not counting the HT's). So there must be a market.

MY point it nothing made today offers all the feature that VHFers want, and many are not state of the art tech. Elecraft has shown the willingness to venture into new tech. Why I suggest they might consider making such a radio.

Some day someone will - watch the stampede when that happens!

73, Ed