I have a K3 that has been sitting on shelf for a while. I powered it up today,
after it was on for ~5 minuted, I get a ERR FPF.
After a little research I learn I need to reload the flash file. I used the
utility to update the MCU and then when the FPF tried to load I got this
message.

Elecraft K3 Utility Revision 1.15.12.7
OS Version 10.0 Build 10586
K3 MCU revision 05.38. RS-232 speed 38400 bit/s.
Waiting 4 seconds for flash memory erase
Sending firmware file C:\Users\ad5a_000\AppData\Roaming\Elecraft\K3
Firmware\hfpf0125.hex to FPF
Error code 0xE2000048: No response to poll while synchronizing to buffer
boundary
FPF verification failed. Reload FPF.
Click "Close" to close this window

I have retried numerous times and get the same message. Any ideas.

Mike AD5A