I KNEW someone wud introduce N1MM as the answer to my "problem"/request and,
without knowing my operating "style"/focus and making an assumption, the
suggestion of using a contesting program is sorta expected.

I didn't mention "full blown contests" as a supporting argument for my
"needy requirement" but, you are correct......N1MM s/w wud remove the need
for using the "beacon mode....."

BUT - you are assuming - that's a bad thing - all of my operating time is
not spent in "full blown contests."

Approximately 10% of my time is in "full blown events" -- the other 90% is
focused on:
- NPOTA
- SOTA
- 2 hour sprints where taking the time to use N1MM isn't worth it - in fact,
there are other s/w programs
  that work mo betta than N1MM ("gasp," total heresy, I suspect we'll hear
from the contesting "bubbas")
- last, but not least.........I enjoy a QSO, for the simple act/pleasure of
meeting new and previously met
  hams. Believe it, or not, that task involves, more often than  not,
calling CQ....a lot!!

My "request" remaing salient and germane...........72 de Jim R. K9JWV