To all those having experienced this problem with the K144XV:

The problem I had was that the female connectors on the K144XV and the REFLOCK
board into which the TMPs were supposed to be inserted did not accept the male
and instead were pushed backward.  Pushed backward = no connection = no 2 meters

One of the tech support guys said this was the most frequent K3/K3S return.

So, the K144XV & REFLOCK have to go back to Elecraft for repair.

I suggested that, if indeed this is the most frequent return, they simply ship
the K144XV with the TMPs installed as they are next to impossible to connect.

When I get this back, I’m still not sure how I will connect them.  Maybe take a
pair of long nose in each hand, support the female while struggling to insert
the male.

John
WA1EAZ

And, apparently, the enabling/testing procedures don’t find it.  So, the only
way you know you have this problem is if you can’t hear anything on 2 meters.