I have been using a K3S in a 2m SSB VHF contest this evening and find that the
DSP NR is a bit a disappointment compared with my usual K2 rig.  My QTH has a
fair degree on man-made noise so on the K2, I normally run with the NR at level
4 (factory settings - I haven’t adjusted them).  However, when using the NR on
the K3S this evening, when I adjusted it to get a similar amount of noise
reduction, I find that is accompanied by a lot of swooshing noise modulated
with an interval of between 0.5 to 3seconds.  Also, the voices seem a lot more
robotic and harder to understand.

I did try all of the NR settings but didn’t really find one which matched the
niceness of the K2.  Has anyone else progressed from a K2 to a K3 on VHF and
would like to comment on the effectiveness of the NR?  And more importantly,
are there some settings I can try to get the K3S to sound like my K2?

73

Paul
M1CNK