Phil,

The KXPD2 has shorter "arms" than the KXPD3.
When presenting the KX2 at FDIM he mentioned that he 'slaps' the paddles and that caused his KX3 to 'walk' as he is keying.
The KXPD2 with its shorter arms reduces that 'walking' significantly.

That may or may not be applicable to you, but it will be to some hams.

73,
Don W3FPR