FYI, an RJ-8 modular plug will plug right in to an RJ-45 modular
jack....  The retention key on the connector centers it in the RJ-45
jack so that the 4 center conductors are lined up.

The key to making this work is to verify:

1) How are the jacks wired on the switch:  568A or 568B.
2) Match up the wiring in and out on the two P3 TxMon couplers' twisted
pair jumpers and the patch cable you buy/make/modify to be the common
jumper back from the switch to the P3 rear panel.  Eesentially, you're
making sure Elecraft used straight through wiring and not some sort of
crossover arrangement or other between the P3 and the couplers.

DON'T plug it all up UNLESS and UNTIL you map the conductors to make
SURE they have continuity and continuity in accordance with the wire
conductor order used on the P3 and the coupler.

PROBABLY, Elecraft used straight through wiring, so it is just a matter
of making the additional straight through patch cord to go from the P3
to the switch in/out.

IF you want to get fancy and have the tools/skillset, make all new
cables...  Use RJ-8 on the P3 and couple ends and use RJ-45 on the ends
that will plug into the switch.

Holler if this has completely confused you and I will amplify/clarify.

73,

Clay Autery, KY5G
MONTAC Enterprises
(318) 518-1389