On 6/21/2016 1:39 PM, Jim GM wrote:
N1MM is a nice program but I need a second com port and an interface
to send CW. RumLog on the Mac only needs one.

N1MM is a contest logger, so I assume you need to send CW in contests, not general QSOs.

So here is the Question. Since the Micorsoft Surface Tablet has only
one comport what Logging progam would fit my requirements?

I use a WinKeyer USB keyer to send CW with a paddle and with N2MM+.

N1MM+ controls the WinKeyer perfectly though a USB port, and has a separate configuration tab devoted to it.

With my KX3/KXP3/KXPA100, I used one USB port for everything except sending CW, which used a second USB port. I did not use an RS-232 serial port for anything.

The same arrangement works with my new K3s and the same WinKeyer.

I'm not familiar with the Surface. If it has only one USB port, you can use a powered USB hub to get more connections.

hope this helps.

--
73, Mike N4CF
Louisa County, VA USA