I use a "Y" cable plugged into the headphone jack.  Worth a try.

73 de NA8M
John

Both are these are very easy with that setup because I get audio out of the speaker *and* audio into the sound card at the same time.

The K2 cuts off the speaker when I insert the cable into the ext speaker jack, which makes it almost impossible to do what I describe above. It is pretty obvious how to jumper the ext speaker jack to prevent this, but I don't know if I would be running any risks by doing so. Do I need additional isolation circuitry? Is the audio power out sufficient to drive both speaker and sound card? Has anyone else done this?