Ken,

Please read my inline comments below.

> I stumbled my way through the rest of the XV432 transverter alignment and
> everything appears to be fine.  Just trying to do the transverter band setup
> from page 21 in the KX3 manual.
>
> "XVn RF sets the operating frequency".  I assume this means the transverter's
> operating frequency?  Is it just a number for display like 432 or something?

Yes 432 is correct.

You also have another setting for XVn IF which in my case is 14, your's will
probably be 28.

> What's a legitimate number to enter when I'm setting up an XV432?  No
> information in the manual.  I tried going to look at the transverter setup
> for my KX3-2M option but it doesn't display any more??
>
> "XVn PWR sets maximum power output in watts".  The XV432's maximum output is
> 20 watts.  How come the setting only goes as high as 8 watts and then rolls
> over back to 0.5 watts?

It isn't the transverter power output, but the input power to the transverter.
I don't have an XV432 so don't know what it uses. I use a 2m transverter by ME
and it can be set for powers up to 3 watts, that was what I chose for that
setting, as it allows the setting of output power from the KX3 fairly
accurately.

> "XVn OFS can compensate for frequency offset".  We read my local oscillator's
> output to be 4 Hz high and left it at that.  Is this where I compensate for
> that, if it's even needed?  If so, the manual doesn't say how to do it.  It
> only says you don't need to do it for the KX3-2M/4M module.  That doesn't
> help me.

This is a handy feature if your transverter LO is out a bit, you can put the
compensation figure in there, and either measure the transverter output
frequency on transmit, or use an accurate signal into the receive side and
adjust it to get the right dial reading when using CW and tuned in accurately.
4 Hz isn't going to be a problem you could leave it at 0. The KX3 will probably
be out more than that.

> "XVn ADR".  It doesn't sound like I really need to do this if I have just the
> one XV transverter.  The Key Line at ACC2 keys the transverter just fine
> as-is.

Fine.

In my case I have my 144 MHz transverter on XV2  and XV2 ADR is trn2

My internal 70 MHz transverter  and XV1 ADR is Int. trn0

>  My next transverter will most likely be for 1296, which unfortunately means
> it won't be an Elecraft. In that case I guess I can still set it up as a band
> in my KX3 but I'll have to manually disconnect my XV432 and then connect up
> the 1296 transverter.  Well, or use a good antenna switch or relay.

Yes you will want to investigate a way to do the switching of IF and Keyline.
There are ways to do this automatically if you build a decoder to read the KX3
band from the serial port. G4FRE makes a board with a PIC to do just that,
though you need to supply your own relays for the IF switching.

> Thanks in advance for any assistance!
>
> 73,
>
> Ken Alexander
> VE3HLS