Rich,

The 2.3 kHz wide filter that is detailed in that paper has since been
incorporated into the KSB2, but is referred to as a 2.4 kHz filter (now the
'stock' width - the difference can be found in the measurement of filter width
- John, KI6WX measured at -3dB and Elecraft measures at -6dB.

If you want to increase the bandwidth to the 2.6 kHz filter (2.5), Elecraft
sells a kit of capacitors to do that job.  Look on the K2 Spare parts and mods
order page.

If your BFO range was as specified in the K2 manual, you should be able to
align it with no problem - I believe the IF crystals are now a bit lower than
they were when KI6WX wrote that paper.  I have built many filters with the 2.6
kHz bandwidth and have not had any alignment problem for normal SSB - should
you try to move the passband upward in frequency for digital modes, you could
run into BFO limitations.

73,
Don W3FPR