On Sun, Jul 3, 2016 at 10:49 AM, lmarion <lmar...@mt.net> wrote:

> ....Check power supply is No 1 on every trouble shoot chart.
> ====

That's the truth! A couple of years ago, my K3 would start, everything
seemed to work FB, but when I would turn on my computer the K3 would shut
off. Of course I thought something was wrong in the computer-radio
connection. But what had actually happened is that my power supply had
failed. It worked enough to start the K3 but would shut itself off if the
radio tried to draw significant current. When the computer connected, it
keyed the transmitter just for a few milliseconds, and that was enough to
make the PS click off. I went around in circles for a full day before the
light dawned.

73,
Tony KT0NY