Wayne,

  Thanks for a pointer to an interesting read.    I was too busy with a divorce
at the peak of the last cycle, but the previous one was sure fun.  Since I like
both HF and VHF/UHF weak signal this cycle has great promise.  A good solar
wind to energize, and the odd explosion to make AU fun on 2 and higher.  The
back end of the cycle could be even more fun for those of us who enjoy the
higher bands ( ya just gotta love aurora).

  But since I have K2 #5226 running good DX, I hope for a *very* quiet solar
minimum.  I'm counting on my K2 to finish my 80m DXCC for my 5BDXCC.  And
perhaps the MOAA (Mother of All Amplifiers) to seal the deal.

  Regards,

  Joe N9JR

  PS - Think about a transverter for 903MHz.  Instant sweetness.

wayne burdick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Just published on the Scientific American website is an article
explaining what we might see in the next solar cycle. Very interesting
reading. See:

www.sciam.com/article.cfm?chanID=sa007&articleID=000301B5-B8CD-140C-
B8CD83414B7F0000

73,