I'm getting erratic behaviour of the VFO. it will suddenly jump to
frequencies outside of ham bands
e.g. 200MHz, or will lurch back and forth in a band. It is triggered when
turning the main knob
or also RIT/XIT knob configured as fast tune. When powered off and back on,
seems to always return to 28.xxx MHz.

I have tried re-do firmware, re-init, recal VCO, and still it persists. CAL
VFO fixed it for a day or 2 but now its back.

Elecraft support suggested remove front panel and deoxit the pins.
Before I go to this far, I wonder if anyone has`a similar experience or
suggestions.
Radio is presently unusable, after many years of trouble free operation..
(Serial no 685)

Chris  VK2ACD