Rob,

I would guess that Elecraft folks are not ready to put up with the headaches
that could arise with the AUXBUS timing should someone want to put a 10 or
15 foot cable on a remote KPA100/KAT100-2 combination.  At the moment, those
folks have their hands full and do not have time to test it properly.  So if
I were in their shoes, I would not put out instructions for doing anything
that has not been adequately tested - the Elecraft name and reputation do
depend on the results.

That certainly should not limit an individual from trying it, if it doesn't
work, one can always revert to the 'standard' installation.  There are a
growing number of us who have mounted the KPA100 externally, and within the
implementation limits of those success stories, we can say what we have
found to work - my connecting cables are about 2 feet long, I can't speak
for anything longer and I don't have the KAT100-2 here, only the external
amp.

In my opinion, the 'kit of parts' to mount the KPA100 externally is in the
box of parts for the KAT100-2 - the KPA100 will plug nicely into the
provided connectors on the KAT100-2 board (except for the KPA100 speaker).

73,
Don W3FPR