Ummm, not exactly following your description but ... NA electrical codes require the two phase conductors [240V between them], after passing through the breaker(s), to go directly to the equipment. The center-tap of your distribution transformer secondary [neutral] is bonded to earth ground at your service entrance. The earth ground becomes the "green wire" [it may be uninsulated and thus the "copper" wire] and should be bonded to the enclosure of the equipment. It's the safety ground and that's all that should power a 240V equipment. Ugly things can happen if the neutral gets involved or used as a ground.

If that's what you're describing, exactly, it's probably good. How long a run from the outlet to the KPA500? I'd also make sure the outlet is wired properly. If it's an old dryer plug, an electrician with a license might be in order.

For 120V, the neutral forms one side of the circuit, however the safety ground [green wire] still should be bonded to the equipment enclosure. Under no circumstances should you connect the green wire to the neutral ANYWHERE but the bond in your service entrance.

73,

Fred K6DGW
Sparks NV
Washoe County DM09dn