I would like to correspond with anyone who has experience using the Alexloop antenna with 1-2 watts.

Normally, I use either an end fed antenna and a T1, a resonant linked dipole, or a resonant Par HF Omni-Angle (for 20 and 17 meters).  They all work quite well for their intended use but require some effort to erect.

I have been reading about the Alexloop Walkham for at least the last two years.  It would present some distinct advantages to me and the reviews seem to be overwhelmingly positive.

My concern is that while I have a KX2 for my home station, I only take my LNR five band Mountain Topper out on my portable jaunts.  On a 9 volt transistor battery, I get a bit over 1 watt; on 12 volts I get 2.5 watts.

My specific interest is in finding out as much as I can about how this small Alexloop performs at such low power levels since its efficiency is reported to be about 7% on 40 meters, rising to about 25% on 20 meters.

An email to Alex has gone unanswered for the last two days.

Thanks and 73 from Stan WB2LQF