From: Elecraft [mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Joe
Subich, W4TV
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2016 11:30 AM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 - MMTTY interface for FSK

> All along I have been using COM 1 on my PC for FSK keying. I have been
> using pin 3 to Pin 1 on the Acc K3 socket. I have not used Pin
> 7 (PTT) to Pin 4 on the K3.

I trust you have been using an NPN transistor between the RS-232 output
(+/- 9V) of the serial port and the TTL input (0 to +5V) of the K3 ACC port.

If you are not using Radio Command and have not connected Pin 7 of the
serial port to pin 4 of the K3 (again using an NPN transistor), I do not
know how the K3 would ever switch to transmit.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV

delivered to tony....@verizon.net