Thomas,
    I have the N3FJP software set up for EQP...like you said you will need to
modify the summary.
However there one other problem with the software.  EQP will let you work a
station a 2nd (or 3rd) time
IF there is a change in his Elecraft rig.  The software will not let you input
a station a 2nd time on the
same band and mode.  My work around is for a 2nd QSO just put a period . after
the call and the
third time use 2 periods ..     This seems to work.  Possibly other symbols
could be used instead.
    If this does not work with other software, possibly something like xxx at
the end of a call could signify
a 2nd contact, or record it as a 6 meter or 2 meter contact and fix the log
later.
    KL7CW will be active on 20 and 40 with my KX1 for anyone needing Alaska.
                         Have fun,          Rick  KL7CW