I'm one of "those guys". I operated JT65-HF and JT9 for a couple years with my oldest K2 (SN 567), including half a dozen contacts with K1JT hisself. First time ever working a guy on a mode he invented. hi.

It's a very interesting mode, but limited fun for a 60 year veteran of CW mostly interested in ragchewing and county hunting. My primary activity in ham radio these days is homebrewing left-handed bugs. They work fine for the original digital mode, but don't adapt easily to the newfangled ones.

I actually do tune 14.076 as a quick check on propagation because there is so much activity. If there are signals there, I'm fairly sure I can be heard on CW if anybody is listening.

Operating digital modes (WSJT and PSK) is the only time my K2 has ever been on SSB. I've used it barefoot, with an HF Packer amp and with the KPA100. It does a great job on these modes.

Eric KE6US