Bret,

I run my 10-MHz reference thru a 4-way distribution amplifier that has a two-pole bandpass filter which passes only a sine wave no matter how distorted the source 10-MHz. That provides 10mw level to all my equipment needing a reference.

But if you are determined to provide some protection a 3-dB sma attenuator should do just fine. They are small in diameter and size with typically sma-male and sma-female on opposite ends.

If there are some VHF-up hams in your area ask about getting one; otherwise they are available on e-bay and from mfr's (Google "sma attenuators").

73, Ed - KL7UW
http://www.kl7uw.com
    "Kits made by KL7UW"
Dubus Mag business: