Ummm ... my HP48GX says 102' is very very close to 3 half-waves at 14 MHz which sounds sort of resonant-ish. Maybe a little known bug in my calculator?

On a similar path, I decided to try out the 80-10 EFHW from MyAntennas as an HOA Stealth antenna strung along the top of a 6' fence. It's 130' long, has a 6 turn series inductor wound on a Sch 40 PVC fitting a short distance out from a heavy-ish box with an SO-239. I figured there might be a 50 ohm resistor in the box a la the famous B&W folded dipole that graces many National Guard Armories.

The impedance sweep when I got it yielded close enough to 50+j0 ohms on all bands ... except 60 m that my K3/100 is happy without the KAT3. It also revealed nearly infinite impedance between the bands, sort of ruling out the resistor [I've come to believe it's a transformer, maybe of the "auto" variety].

It works surprisingly well. On 80 and 40 it's pretty NVIS, which happens to be what I'm looking for. Above 40, the pattern starts to become more complex and much less vertical if I can believe EZNEC. 6' AGL is obviously not optimal ... except for our HOA and the CC&R's ... but I'm very surprised at how well it does, especially at the bottom of the cycle.

This list seems to have a number of antenna experts aboard [and maybe a few who play antenna experts on TV] ... would anyone like to 'splain to me how it achieves low SWR on all bands? I could probably ferret that out with enough time, but if someone already knows ...

73,

Fred K6DGW
Sparks NV
Washoe County DM09dn